First and foremost, I would like to thank my sister for helping me get a counseling job at the YMCA and also Karen, my boss for hiring me. The YMCA was my second job and was 1000x better than my first job at the pretzel shop in the mall although i miss my coworkers I wasn't happy there. Totally different atmosphere, and I couldn't be happier to have moved on from a sucky one to a better one. Not only did it pay well, consume massive hours of my personal life and possibly distanced relationships, I was able to ALOT of new people. I wish I could keep touch with all, but it ain't that easy since many of us are returning to reality and school. i've met all kinds of interesting people.
During the train way back in June, Karen, my boss said something really interesting that stood out to me. She said you'll make a difference in many of the kids lives. I can humbly say I did. There were many children that I fell in love with ranging from 5 to 12. All difference and unique at different age levels. It wasn't the easiest jobs, but I never dreaded to go to work because I knew it was fun pretty much every day.
I think since my job was teaching/counseling kids, I feel like I could do anything in the world. I miss many of the kids I had and the kids I didn't have. Many of them were sadden to know my last day was friday because they thought I would stay there 'til the last day. My second job at the Y, definitely significantly altered me financially and socially! I guess this job showed me you could go to a complete new place and work with complete strangers who are nice and welcoming and they soon become friends. Also, me and my sister agreed that we wouldn't be together a lot and somehow we weren't because I was doing my own thing and so was she, but at the same time it felt like we did everything together. I'm definitely going to miss her. We spent every day of the summer together working, shows, doing random things and eating(her more than me jk).
Thank You Karen for the Card and gift card, and also thank you Y for giving me an interesting summer filled with fun and the opportunity to work with kids. If all goes well, I'll see you next year Y.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
aww lugie i'm glad you had fun this summer.. i must add that this is my second year here and this was the best year ever... i think having you there with me made it a lot easier because i had a friend... to top it off we actually did things outside of the Y that highlighted our adventures.. if i had powers i would make the summer last forever but then again it was way to hot some days and Julian was you know...lmao i hope everyone comes back especially Julian<3!....lol
and stop trying to play me i do eat...lmao
Post a Comment